This article talks about Sony mobile devices such as smart phones that are in the market. We explore the different features that the latest range of Sony smart phones as well as check out the Google Play Store app for these devices and how one can benefit from having this app on their Sony device.
About Sony smart phones
If you are looking to purchase a Sony phone, these are made and sold by Sony Mobile which was previously Sony Ericsson Mobile. This subsidiary company of the electronics giant markets mainly the Xperia range. These phones have become a significant part of the popular selling smart phones in the market. The Xperia range marketed by the company was initially based on Windows Mobile OS; the range of phones has now moved to the Android platform. There are several features of Sony phones that make them unique such as:
- Sony phones are marketed as dust proof and water proof.
- They are known to be hardy and long lasting.
- Sony ensures reliable hardware and software support for all its smart phone customers.
For the above features and advantages, many people opt for phones marketed by this long standing electronics brand. The latest model launched by Sony is the Xperia R1 Plus which was launched in the month of October 2017. If you are planning to purchase a smart phone from Sony, you would surely want to know the kind of features that are available:
- The phones have a touch screen display of 5.2 inches and resolution of 720×1280 pixels.
- The phone comes powered by a Qualcomm Snapdragon processor.
- It is fitted with 3 GB RAM and 32 GB of internal storage space is provided as well, which can be further expanded by adding a micro SD card.
- The phone comes with a 13 megapixel camera on the rear and an 8 mega pixel camera for the front.
Other features of the phone include an operating system that is powered by Android 7.0 and is a lightweight device. The phone has dual SIM capabilities and all kinds of connectivity options are available.
Apps on your Sony phone
There are standard company based apps that are provided with your Sony phone which you will find pre installed. This also includes the Google Play Store as well. This app acts as the gateway to getting access to different Android apps. There are several benefits that one gets by accessing apps through Google Play Store:
- It acts as a reliable platform to source different kinds of Android apps. All popular services, retailers, business and entertainment apps of the Android world can be found on this platform.
- Google Play Store on your device will showcase apps that would be compatible with your device. Hence, you need not worry about compatibility at the time of downloading apps through this platform.
- The apps are checked for malware and ensured to be reliable at the time when they are made available for download through Google Play.
How to get Google Play on your Sony phone?
If you do not have the Google Play Store on your Sony phone, it is possible to download the free app by following the steps listed below:
- Log onto your phone’s web browser and check internet connectivity.
- Once you have data or Wi-Fi connectivity you can then search for the free app that comes as an Android APK file.
- Once you download the file from a reliable download source, ensure that you enable the download from unknown sources in the phone’s security settings.
- Once the download is enabled and the file has successfully downloaded, allow the installation to complete.
- Once the file has set up, you can now begin to use Google Play on your Sony phone.
- At the time of download ensure that the version you choose is the latest and is compatible with your device.
After Google Play has downloaded, you can then start to use the app to access different kinds of Android apps on it as per your choice and preference. Here are the main steps that help you get started in using Google Play Store:
- When you open the Google Play Store for the first time on your Sony device, you would be prompted for login details.
- If you have an existing Google account or Gmail account, you can use the same to login at Google Play.
- Once you access Google Play, you will find popular apps showcased on the main page. There are different categories of paid and free apps available on Google Play.
You will surely enjoy the easy way to download apps through this platform. You can enrich your experience of using the phone by accessing different apps through this platform. From games to eBooks, utility apps, shopping apps, shows, movies and others, every kind of download and app can be sourced through this platform.