Those who have been fans of Blackberry would want to invest in the new series of Blackberry smart phones that are based on the Android operating system. Here we talk about the latest series of Blackberry phones that are based on the Android mobile software and how one can enjoy apps on Google Play Store on such phones.
Android smart phones by Blackberry
The company is also known as Research in Motion and it is a Canadian brand that had been a leader in QWERTY devices. However, when the Android and iOS devices gained popularity, this company lost out on the leading position it had before. The BB OS has had its distinct features, but the growing popularity of Android based phones has led to this company considering this platform for their phones as well. The Android smart phone that is launched is called Motion. This smart phone was launched in October 2017. The phone flaunts the following features:
- It is the first smart phone by BB based on the Android operating system.
- The phone has a touch screen of dimensions 5.5 inches.
- The resolution of the phone is 1080 by 1920 pixels.
- BlackBerry Motion comes with a 2 GHz octa core based Qualcomm Snapdragon processor.
- The phone offers 4 GB RAM and 32 GB of internal storage.
- The internal storage can be expanded by a MicroSD card.
- The primary camera is about 12 megapixel while the front camera is of 8 mega pixels.
- The phone runs on Android 7.1.1.
The phone has the standard connectivity options and sensors as well, which are the compass magnetometer, accelerometer, gyroscope, ambient light sensor and proximity sensor.
Android apps on Blackberry Motion
This phone being based on the Android operating system, you will find some standard apps already pre-loaded in the phone. You would also find the Google Play Store on this phone. This is the trusted marketplace for Android apps that has become the standard platform for downloading apps for Android devices. Some ways you can enjoy apps from this platform are the following:
- When you log onto Google Play Store, you will need to use an existing Google account credentials to log on or create an account.
- Once you gain access, you will be able to browse through the different apps that are found on this platform.
- The popular app categories on this platform comprise of games, eBooks, television shows, movies, music and others.
- You will be able to find any popular retailer based app or any other app that you need to download for utilities or functions on your phone.
- The apps that you access here would be provided of compatible version as your Android phone.
With the Google Play Store on your Blackberry Motion you will be able to do so much more. There are apps for enhancing any function or feature on your phone; all you need to do is look for the same and find them easily on Google Play Store. You will then be able to download the apps and run them, being confident that the apps would be free of malware and would run well on your phone. It also acts as the platform where apps that are downloaded can be updated from time to time as well as finds all latest apps of different categories.
If you have Blackberry 10 phone such as Z or Q series, Classic, Leap and other models, there are ways you can have access to Android apps on such phones.
How to install Google Play Store on Blackberry 10
The following steps will help you download Google Play Store on your device:
- If you have BB10 device that runs Blackberry OS 10.3 or later versions it is possible to download Google Play services APK on it.
- Visit Settings on your phone, visit App Manager and under Installing Apps option, turn on the option of allowing apps to be installed from other sources.
- You can then open your device’s mobile web browser and ensure that you have data connectivity or Wi-Fi on.
- You can then find Google Play services APK file and download the same from a trusted source.
- Once the file is downloaded, you can then install the same.
- You would be asked to sign into the platform using a Google account.
- You need to download Blackberry Google id APK file and install the same.
- This will help you register your device.
- You need to then download Google Play Store APK file.
- Once the file is installed, you will be able to access Play Store on Blackberry phones. You will be able to download apps, update as well as purchase apps using this platform.
However, it is to be remembered that this Google Play Store will have a limited range of apps available for download which would be compatible with your device. If you own the latest Motion phone of Blackberry you will be able to make the most of all the apps found in Google Play Store. That is because this latest smart phone is based on Android operating systems and hence, there is no restriction to the apps that will be able to operate on your Motion smart phone.