Play Store offered by Google is one of the most popular and powerful apps on offer. This is a place where you will get access millions and millions of apps in various categories like music, TV, magazines, books, newsstand, games, movies, and more. The Google Play Store app is designed to run on Android devices and all the latest Android handsets and tablets will come with pre-installed Google Play Store. If you do not have it installed on your Android device, then you can easily do it by using the Android APK file.
Play Store APK for Android
If you feel that your Android device does not have enough space to accommodate the Google Play Store app, then you can always look to make use of the APK files directly from Google Play. You can install the APK files on your computer and later transfer it onto your device. You can also store the APK file in the cloud or a hard drive and then connect with it whenever you want to use the app. The following is the process to download the APK files to your PC.
Downloading APK file using Chrome extension
It is a very good idea to get the Chrome or Firefox extension if you are looking to download a lot of APK files. The procedure is as follows.
- First, add the necessary extension to your desktop browser. You need to provide your email address as this will be stored in the Google Chrome extension that is linked to the Google Play account. This can also be used on your device as the device ID.
- In order to get the device ID that you need to use to make the Google Play work on your Android device, you should download and install the Device ID app on your device. This will show your Android ID when you open the app. Make sure that you use the email address and the password given in the device ID app to get access to the APK Downloader.
- After doing this, you just need to visit the Play Store and chose the app that you would like to download to your PC. There will be a ‘Download APK’ option next to the ‘Install’ or “buy” option. Click on the Download APK option for the app that you want and the app will get installed on your computer.
Install the APK file on the Android device
- Go to the Settings option on your Android device and tap on the Security option and in that you choose the “unknown sources” option and enable it. This will allow you to transfer the APK file from your PC to the device.
- Connect the device and the PC using a USB cable and all the drivers will get installed automatically or would show up in the device.
- Transfer the APK file you have downloaded on your PC to the Android device and store it in the ‘downloads’ folder of the device.
- Use the File Manager app on your device and visit the Downloads folder to gain access to the APK file. Tap on the APK you have just downloaded and then allow it to get installed on your device.
- Once done, you should immediately visit the Security page of your device and disable the “unknown sources” option that you had earlier enabled.
- Now, the Google Play Store can be accessed on your device.
Play Store login
Make sure that you already have a Google account to access the Play Store on your Android device. If you have a Gmail account or a Google account, then you can use the same email address and password to login to Google Play Store.
- On the home screen or the apps section of your device, search for the Play Store app icon and tap on it. The icon for Play Store will be a white suitcase with a multicolored triangle on it.
- If you have already logged in to your Google account on the device, then you will instantly get access to the Google Play Store app main page, If not, you will need to log into your Google account to gain access to the Play Store.
- Look for the menu option that looks like three horizontal lines, one above the other and tap on it. Scroll down to the Add account option and choose the Google option from the list of apps.
- Tap on the username and key in your Google or Gmail email address that ends with @gmail.com. Then you will be asked to key in your password to the email address you have just entered.
- Make sure you enter the exact password as it is case sensitive. Only if you provide the exact email address and the password you will get the permission to access the Google Play Store app on your device.
App Store vs. Google Play
The two major mobile platforms that you see today are the Android and the iOS. Both of them have their own advantages and disadvantages. The following are some of the advantages that Google Play Store has over the Apple App Store.
- Developer friendly platform
The Apple App Store does not allow all the apps that developers develop to feature in the store. But, Google Play Store is more developer friendly and is not as strict at accepting apps. There are also a wide variety of app categories and creative apps on offer through the Play Store than the App Store.
- Offers better social experience
Finding the apps and using the apps has become more social on Google Play Store. All the apps will carry cumulative ratings and also show if any of your friends are recommending the app. The app page will carry information about the commentary or review left by your friends or other users to get to know if the app is worthy of download or not.
- Less expensive
The prices of the apps on offer at the Apple App Store are a bit costlier than the apps on offer at the Google Play Store. There are a lot of apps offered for each and every category on the Android platform than what you get on the iOS platform.
- Better web interface
The Google Play Store offers a better web interface than what the App Store app offers. So, using the Play Store app on the PC or the laptop will be much easier than using the Apple App Store app. The Play Store offers users to install the app on their Android device right from their web browser.
How to change Play Store country?
- Get into your Google Payments account by signing in with your Gmail address and password. Click the Settings option on the top corner of the payments.google.com page.
- Change the home address in the Settings option.
- Visit the Address book tab to and to remove your old address.
- After you have removed the old address, you will see a prompt window to show up on the screen. You will be asked to accept the new terms and conditions for your new address and country. Accept it and your Google Play Store country gets changed.
How to get free money on Google Play Store?
You get free money on your Google Play credit for just answering simple survey questions on the apps that you have downloaded. The survey questions will show up from time to time and you can easily collect cents and dollars and accumulate in the Google Play credit to purchase the interesting apps.
- Visit the Google Play Store on your device and download the Google Opinion Rewards app. This is a Google consumer survey app.
- It will not ask for your personal information and will only have survey questions about the apps on offer.
- You will be asked a few questions upfront and once you do so you will get notifications about the survey and you will get a set of questions to answer.
- You will be paid about 10 cents to $1 in your Google Play account for each of the surveys that you successfully answer.
Get Play Store free cards
There is a lot of websites online like PointsPrizes that offer free Google Play Store gift cards. You will need to gain the points from the website to win the Google Play gift cards code by playing games, watching videos, entering your email, etc. Once you have the Play Store gift card code, you can redeem it as follows:
- Visit Google Play Store app on your device and tap on the Menu option on top left hand corner.
- Scroll down to gain access to redeem option and tap on it.
- Enter the code you have received in the space for the code and you will get a notification that you have got the reward.
- You can claim the reward by tapping on the Get option or you can tap on Not now to use the reward later.
This is also the process to get Play Store credit for free.
Facebook Play Store
If you have the Google Play Store app on your mobile device, then getting access to the Facebook app is very easy.
- From the home screen on your Android device, look for the Google Play Store icon and tap on it.
- Once you are on the main page of the app, look for the Search icon and tap the space next to it.
- Enter the Facebook app in the space and tap on the Search icon.
- The list of all Facebook-related apps will show up on the screen.
- Choose the Facebook app and tap on it to visit the Facebook app info page.
- Tap on the download or install option and allow permissions to get the Facebook app installed on your Android device.
Snapchat Play Store
Snapchat is a popular app offered at the App store. Nowadays, you can also use this app on your Android devices and they can be downloaded directly from the Google Play Store. The following is the procedure to download Snapchat on your Android device.
- Tap on the Apps option on the home screen of your device.
- Locate the Play Store icon and tap on it to enter the app.
- Once you are in the Play Store main page, tap on the search bar and enter Snapchat and then touch the Snapchat option that you get on the auto pop-up suggestion list.
- One the Snapchat main page, tap on the install option to get the app download and installed on your Android device.
- You can find the installed Snapchat app in the Apps section on your device.
Play Store for kids
The Google Play Store is a treasure trove to find all kinds of game activities and other educational apps for the kids of all ages. Just visit the family main category in the Play Store and choose any subcategories to get games for different age groups. There are also plenty of game apps on offer under various categories like brain games, action, and adventure, creativity, etc. to meet the needs of every child.
Play Store free games
- In order to get access to the free games on offer in the Play Store app, just tap on the Play Store icon to gain access to the main page.
- Tap on the apps option you see on the left of your screen and then tap on the games option that will show up on the screen.
- You will find a lot of games on offer along with sub-categories like new releases, top charts, etc. So, finding the game of your choice will not be difficult.
Play Store update
The Google Play Store app sees regular updates in the background and follows the simple guidelines to update the Play Store in a few seconds.
- Launch the Google Play Store on your device by tapping on the Play Store icon from the Apps section.
- Tap on the menu option and then look for Settings option and tap on it.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the Settings option to locate the Build Humber and tap on it.
- If there is a Play Store update, you will get a prompt for it.
- The update, if any, will get installed by itself.
How to reinstall Play Store?
- Open the Settings on your phone by tapping on the Settings option on the home screen.
- Look for the Apps option and tap on it.
- Look for the Google Play Store and tap on it. Once inside the app, tap on uninstall updates.
- There will be a prompt saying that the app will restore to the factory version. Touch on the uninstall option on the prompt.
- Your Google Play Store will be now reset to factory settings.
- Tap on the Google Play Store icon on your device and then visit the page. Tap on the menu option and go to Settings option.
- Tap on auto updates to turn it on and then you will get a prompt for the Play Store update. Tap on the update to reinstall the latest version of Google Play Store.