The official store for Android apps is the Google Play Store. This is an app where millions of apps in various categories are stored in the digital library. No matter you are looking for music, books, newsstand, etc., you will find everything you want in this app store. With the Google Play Store, you can search for any application by typing the keyword or browsing the apps Play Store library through the categories. Most of these apps are offered for free and there are few that you can purchase directly from the Play Store.
How to download Play Store for different devices?
There are plenty of devices that are on offer today. Most of the Android devices that you get today come with pre-installed Google Play Store. If you are using a device that does not have the Play Store app installed on it, then you do not have to worry that you cannot get access to the millions of apps on offer. You can easily find the necessary APK file for the app and install it on your Android devices to gain access to millions of Play Store apps.
Download Play Store on Android devices
The following are the steps you need to follow in order to get the curt version of Play Store on your Android devices.
Checking the Play Store version
- The first thing you should do is to see whether you are having access to the latest version of Google Play Store. You should ensure that you download only the latest Play Store version to get access to all latest updates and new apps that are added periodically.
- Open the Google Play Store app on your Android device and then visit the Settings option by tapping on it.
- You will see the build number at the bottom of the Settings page. This is the Play Store version of your Android phone.
- If you do not have an upgrade Android phone and are still stuck with Gingerbread, then you might not be able to get access to the latest version of Play Store app. You need to upgrade your handset to the latest Android version.
Steps to download Play Store APK
The Google Play Store app comes as an APK file format. It is just like any other Android app.
Play Store APK for Android
- Visit any of the trusted APK file sources and get access to the APK file that is signed by Google. This way you can be sure that the file will not be a tampered one.
- You can click on the download file option and save the file on your computer or your device.
- If you have downloaded the APK file on your computer, then you need to make sure that you transfer the file to your device to access it.
- It is very important that you go to the Settings page and access the Security options. There you will find an unknown source option; you will have to enable it.
- This will give the device the permission to access the files from unknown sources. Once you have completed the Play Store APK file, you need to go back to Settings and disable the “unknown sources” option.
- After you have downloaded the Play Store APK file on your device, you need to install the Play Store on the device using your file manager.
- Open ES File Explorer and go to the place where you have saved the Play Store APK file. It would be in the ‘downloads’ folder.
- Click on it if there is a box that pops up on your device screen asking you the app that you want to use, and then opt for the ‘Package Installer”.
- You will be taken to the next screen where you need to read out the permission changes and then tap on the Install option.
- The Google Play Store will get installed on your device.
Download Google Play Store app on iOS devices
If you are using the Apple Store apps and are little bored using them, then you can install the popular Google Android operating system on your iOS devices to get the taste of phone versions, the Android and the iOS. You will have to jailbreak the iOS devices in order to get access to the entire Google Play Store.
How to jailbreak Play Store?
There are a lot of jail breaking options on offer on the internet. You need to choose one that will work on your iOS platform. All you got to do is to download the jail breaking option in order to open up your iOS device to accept other platforms. You can use tools like Redsnow, PwnageTool or Balckrain to jailbreak your iPhones and iPads. By jail breaking, you will be freeing the iOS devices from the Apple limitations and you get the chance to install applications from outside of Apple’s iTunes app store. To jailbreak the iOS device, you will need a computer, iOS cable, and the iOS device.
- Update the device to the latest version of iOS. Make use of the iTunes app store to update the iOS app on your device.
- You need to visit Settings and then General option and finally tap on the Software update to see if the device needs an update. If you are looking at full jailbreak of iOS, it is better that you do not update the device.
Full jailbreak of iOS
- Start your windows or Mac computers and download the Cydia Impactor and the Yalu102 ipa file on your computer. Save the files on your desktop.
- The iOS device needs to be rebooted.
- Go to the home screen of the iOS device and turn off the pass code and Touch ID options and also disable the Find my iPhone option.
- Connect the device to the computer using iOS cable and then open the Cydia Impactor.
- The downloaded ipa file should be dragged into the Cydia Impactor.
- You will be prompted to sign in to your Apple account by keying your Apple ID and password.
- The Yalu102 ipa will get accepted and the app will also get installed on the device. Wait for this process to finish.
- Once the app is installed, go to Settings option on the device and then tap on General option. Choose the Profiles & Device Management option and then look for the Yalu102 app. Tap on it and then choose the Trust option to enable the app.
- Open the Yalu102 app on your iOS device now and then choose the Go option to start the iOS jailbreak process.
- After the device is jail broken, it will restart and you will find the Cydia app on the home screen.
Installing Android on iOS
- Open Cydia and then tap on the Manage option and choose the source option. Finally, tap on Edit and then tap on Add to add a repository to download and install the Bootlace through Cydia.
- After the Bootlace is downloaded and installed, run it. Allow it to download and to patch the kernel. After this is done, reboot the system and wait for the iOS to reboot.
- Open the Bootlace once more and locate OpeniBoot option and tap on it. The look for installing option and tap on it to start the installation. Now OpeniBoot is downloaded and installed.
- Now, it is time to get the final iDroid option on your iOS. This can be downloaded and installed from the OpeniBoot. The iDroid is the Android app that is customized to work on iOS devices.
After the iDroid gets installed, you can find the Google Play Store officially on your iOS device.
Play Store for PC
There are a lot of apps on offer for Windows PC. But, there are plenty of mobile apps that are not on offer for the windows, especially the Android apps. If you are looking to get the Google Play Store apps on your computer, then you can do so easily by making use of third-party software. It is not an easy job to get the Android apps on your phone to your PC. You need to use an Android emulator to run the apps. The emulators will make your computer to behave like another computer or device and in this way; you can turn your Windows PC into an Android device.
Bluestacks app player
This is the most popular Android emulator. This is a very easy to use an emulator and can be easily downloaded on your PC. This is a player that will help in getting multiple apps and games on your computer with very less effort.
- Visit the Bluestacks website and downloaded the Bluestacks app player.
- Open the setup file and then follow the instructions that show up on your screen to install the Bluestacks player on the computer.
- After the installation is through, run the Bluestacks. There might be a notification that shows up on the screen asking you to update the graphics driver. Just close this pop-up screen and Bluestacks will start to roll on your computer.
- After the installation is over, you will see the Android running on the system in a separate window. There will be a search button you see on the top of the window. Type the name of the app you want to access and click on search button to get the apps from the Play Store.
- Before you search for the apps on the Play Store, it is better to login to Google account so that you can install most of the apps and games on offer.
Play Store sign in
If you have a Google account created in your name, then you can use that Google Account’s email address and password to log in to Google Play Store. The best thing about Google and its various services is that you can use one single account to sign into various web-based services that Google offers. If so, you have not added your Google Account on your device, then you can add it easily by following these simple steps.
- Open the Settings option on your device. It will be the gear icon that you see on the home screen.
- Tap on it and then tap on the Accounts option that you see from the drop-down menu.
- In the Accounts option, you will see an ‘Add Account’ option. Tap on it and then choose Google.
- You will be asked to enter your username or email address. Type the email address which looks like firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Then you will be asked to enter your password in the next option. Enter the exact password for the email address.
- Now, you will gain access to the Google Play Store app on your device and you do not have to sign in again to access the millions of apps in the Store.
How to logout of Google Play Store?
There are a few options that you can explore to sign out of the Google Play Store account on your device. There is no option in the Google Play Store that says sign out of the Play Store account on the Android device.
Signing out through Android settings
- Got to the Settings option on your Android device and tap on it. From the drop down menu, you need to move to the Accounts & Sync option.
- You will get details of the account of your device. Tap on the account that you wish to remove.
- Once you tap on the account that reads as email@example.com, you will come across an option on the screen “Data & Synchronization”.
- On the top right corner of the screen in the Data & Synchronization option, you will find the drop down button. Tap on it and choose the remove account option.
- Now, you would have successfully logged out of the Play Store account and you will not be able to log in to Google account.
Logging out using Android apps
There are a few Android apps on offer in the Google Play Store that can be used to sign out of the Play Store account from your Android device.
- Locate the “Log Out” app on the Google Play Store and tap on it. You will be taken to this app’s main page. Tap on the install button you see on the screen.
- After the app is installed, click on the “Log Out” app icon and tap on it to open the app.
- There will be an option Log Out all accounts on the app’s page. Tap on it and you will be signed out of all the accounts on our device.
Play Store is not working
There are times when the Google Play Store installed on your phone does not work. If this is an issue, then the following are some of the fixes you can try out to start using Play Store again.
- General checkup
It is important to first make sure if the problem is at your end or not. The best option would be to first restart the phone or the device to see if the issue has been addressed. If the problem persists, then move on to other troubleshooting options. The next option is to take a look at the date and settings of the device as well as the internet connection. If these seem fine, then you need to investigate further.
- Check the version of Google Play Store
If the Play Store gets stuck or is frozen, then you need to force stop the app. This can be done by visiting the Settings option and choosing the Apps section in the drop down list. Tap on the Apps, locate the Google Play Store and tap on it. You will see an option Force stop. Tap on it to forcefully stop the app from working on your device. After this, make sure that the Google Play Store in your app is up to date and clean. If not, update the Google Play Store app and see if it is working properly.
- Toggling Wi-Fi or data connection
The Wi-Fi or the mobile data connection could be the issue. If you are using Wi-Fi to access Google Play Store app, then try to turn the Wi-Fi off and then switch it on once again after a couple of minutes. The same is the case for the mobile data connection. This might solve the issue.
- Empty the Google Play Store cache
The cache stored in the Google Play Store app might be causing the app to slow down or to load very slowly. If there are loads and loads of old data piled up in the cache memory, the app can misbehave. It is better that you clear the cache memory for running the app faster. This can be done as follows.
- Go to the Settings option on your device and then tap on the Apps option in the drop-down menu list.
- Scroll down and locate the Google Play Store app option in the Apps folder and tap on it.
- You will see an option called as clear cache in the app info. Tap on the clear cache option to get rid of all the cache memory.
Remove Google Play Store data
If the freeing of some space by removing the cache memory has not worked on the Google Play Store, then you can look to really clean up the Play Store app by removing bigger things. For this, you should look to delete some data from the app. This is done as follows.
- Go to the Settings option on the phone and tap on the App manager or the Apps option.
- Here, you will find the Clear data option in the Google Play Store app info page. Tap on it to clear the data stored in the app.
Some of the apps would need the support of the other to work properly. If you have recently disabled any of the apps, then this could be the reason why your Google Play Store app is not working properly. In order to turn on the disable apps, you need to:
- Tap on the Settings option on your Android device. In the Settings app, look for the Apps option and tap on it.
- You will see three options on the top of the app info page, look for ‘All’ option to see the list of all the apps that are used in your device.
- Scroll down to see which are the apps that you have disabled and then tap on them to enable the apps. See if this helps in improving the performance of the Google Play Store app.
Uninstall the Google Play Store app
If all attempts at reviving the Google Play Store app on your device fail, then the last option is to uninstall the app. As this is a system app, you will not be able to get rid of it fully and you can only uninstall its updates and set it back to the factory version. The following is the procedure to uninstall the updates.
- Go to the Settings option on your phone and then locate the Apps section and tap on it.
- Scroll down the apps section to locate the Google Play Store app and then tap on it.
- In the Play Store info page, scroll down to locate the Uninstall updates option and tap on it. This will help in moving the application to an older version.
This can solve the issues that your Play Store is suffering from and once the Play Store app is working, you can always try to update it later.